(click photo to see before and after)
1537 Tennessee underwent a major transformation this summer. All in all, we crammed about 6 months of work into 2 months and couldn't have done it without an amazing set of subcontractors, countless labor hours from the undergraduates, alumni and parents, great advice and recommendations from Dick Hall (KU alumnus) and a stellar project management team at RPG. The bills are still coming in but at present we tabulated roughly $200,000 in renovations. We still have some work to do, but we're sure you'll agree the level of finish in the house far exceeds it's best condition in the last 20 years. It's up to the men of Gamma Mu now to keep it looking great, keep those beds full and to return ATO life back to 1537 Tennessee.
Notable Work Includes:
- Plaster/drywall repairs & new paint throughout the house
- New wood-plank flooring throughout the upper floors and main stairwell
- An impressive stained concrete and epoxy floor coating in the basement
- Color-matched blinds throughout the bedrooms
- Added live-edge Bluewood tops for the basement booths
- Professionally cleaned the kitchen and all appliances
- Installed new energy-efficient LED lighting throughout
- New plumbing fixtures as needed
- New HVAC system on 4th floor & tuneups for all other floors
- New fire alarm panel and system
- Comprehensive drain cleaning
- New doors & hardware for all bedrooms
- Selective ceiling tile replacement
- Front door repaired & refinished
- Hardwood floors in Trophy room refinished
- Broken windows were repaired
- New mattresses and bed frames
- Deep cleaning and sealing of all tile surfaces
- Steam cleaned carpets in chapter and formal living room
- New closet organizers in bedrooms
- All exterior doors received new closer hardware and locks
The chapter held a re-opening celebration for alumni and parents on August 19th and the reviews of the new space were more than positive. Welcome back home ATO!
We look forward to working with you to continue to improve your home at KU!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
-Your RPG Team